We’ve been obsessed with Falke socks forever. They’re basically the sole (get it?) reason we founded SocksFox in the first place!
Let us tell you a little bit more about that.
Falke is a luxury German brand sold in upmarket department stores like Selfridge’s. But if you don’t live in a major world city, it’s tough to get your hands on (and feet into) their products. And we thought that was a travesty.
So, we started selling them online. What began with only a few pieces expanded, and now we’re proud to say we offer the widest range of Falke products available in the UK.
We’ve got socks, tights, sportswear - even face masks - and our catalogue is still growing. Today, we want to tell you more about this incredible brand, try to explain why we love it so much, and introduce you to the newly revived Falke Family range.
So, without further ado...
Thinking outside of the socks
Falke was founded in Germany in 1895. And for the 125 years since, they have held themselves to the same unwavering standards and values. Don’t think that makes them stuffy stocking makers, though. The principles they were founded on leave plenty of room for change and creativity.
- Only the finest quality materials make the cut, and only the latest production techniques create these socks, tights, and clothing. However, Falke also know that shiny new gadgets don’t always equal quality. That’s why they insist on adding those final touches the old-fashioned way, by hand.
- Falke was founded to bring well-made legwear to the masses. Today, their expert craftspeople continue to push design to its limits. The result? A style that’s noticeable, cosmopolitan, challenging, and somehow, both modern and timeless at once.
- Through the generations, it has been important for the owners of Falke to maintain the brand’s original appeal while also “making things new”. In 1990, they entered their fourth generation as a family-run business. And it was during this decade that they first began to develop specialised products, including the ergonomic sport system (ESS).
Furthermore, the designers at Falke are self-confessed daydreamers. Not satisfied with simply reproducing the same, standard woollen sock over and again, they are constantly asking questions, and finding inspiration everywhere.
What we love about Falke
Honestly, it’d be harder to find something we don’t love about this brand! We didn’t like how difficult it was to buy Falke socks all those years ago (obviously), but since we solved that problem, nothing else springs to mind.
You literally can’t fault the innovation, the creativity, the attention to detail that goes into the design process. And the final products are so comfy, stylish, and made of such high-quality materials, there’s no going back once you’ve tried on a pair of Falke socks.
That was our experience, anyway.
And since we shared that with all of you, we’ve heard a lot of people say the same thing!
“In the past we have always bought our socks when visiting Germany. Then we started to order online as we are living in England. The first mens walking socks we bought about 5 years ago and my husband is still wearing them. We are both very happy with the quality [...]. We most certainly will continue to buy Falke.”
Not that we’re surprised. Falke is an internationally renowned brand that’s won multiple awards for its innovative range of sportswear. A few highlights include…
- Receiving the Runner’s World Ispo Award in 2006 and the Design Award of the Federal Republic of Germany in 2007.
- Being the official outfitters of the German National Ski Teams (Alpine and Cross) in 2014, when they won a host of gold, silver, and bronze medals at the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
The real winner for us, though, apart from the products themselves, is the brand’s commitment to protecting the environment, animal rights, and the welfare of their employees.
Falke – We Care
Falke has always been a socially and environmentally responsible brand, but in recent years, they have taken this even further. Their objectives are defined under the Falke - We Care umbrella.
- The environment. The high standards to which they hold themselves means that Falke products have a long lifecycle. But on top of that, they are also overhauling their manufacturing process to reduce energy consumption and waste. Plastic packaging is on the way out, too; it’s being replaced with recyclable alternatives.
- Animal welfare. Falke carefully vet their suppliers to ensure the wool they produce is cruelty-free. At the end of the day, they want happy sheep for happy feet.
- Social responsibility. Almost all Falke’s products are made in European factories. They take special care to monitor the working conditions inside these facilities, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of their employees.
One small step for Falke, one giant leap for sustainable fashion
As part of their commitment to their We Care objectives and to celebrate the series’ 30th anniversary, Falke is relaunching their much-loved Falke Family range. Only this time around, all the products included in this line will be made from 100% sustainable materials.
Falke’s We Care cotton, for example, is locally sourced and processed using renewable energy sources. Meanwhile, the farmers who grow it are paid a fair and equal wage.
Like we said, staying true to your roots doesn’t have to mean you’re stuck in the past. It’s only the quality of the product that hasn’t changed.
Walk with us
We founded SocksFox because we believe that everyone deserves to have cosseted feet all year round, whatever the activity.
Falke socks keep both your feet and your heart warm with their creative designs and their ethical brand values. And we’re super pleased and proud to announce that we will be adding the new Falke Family range to our site from October 2021.
Try just one pair, and we guarantee, you’ll understand instantly what all the fuss is about.